Sunday, July 27, 2014

Next


I'm still in my poem phase.  Picked another word from my morning pages to write about.  For more information on this writing exercise, check out this post.  Here's my latest poem from my week of Morning Pages.

Next

Around the corner
over the hump
after this bend
it'll be next.
Next is the needy one
the question-maker
the bored.
Next likes plans and checklists
watches and alarms.
Next remains on its toes.
Anxiety-ridden worrier.
Next pretends to not know Now.
Now is the rebel,
the eye of the storm.
Now won't beg for your attention,
time is too precious.
Now is your center, your breath.
Now is the gentle tear in your eye
that burst of laughter from your gut.
Now doesn't rush, it makes every second count
for those willing to take the ride.

No comments :

Post a Comment