Friday, September 20, 2013

A Life I Love

Today I find myself a bit frustrated and feeling trapped, by my own doing.  I believe I'm in search of something new, a change of career, I guess.  It's funny when you actually know exactly what you want, but the life of someone pursuing artistic endeavors can't always rely soley on your art. 
I am finishing up a script I'm proud of and currently editing a short sketch I had so much fun being involved in and am working on new holiday ideas for my greeting cards, but none of those things are currently bringing in a liveable salary.  Some day, I am confident, they will, but not yet. 
So, I am in a desperate search for a job.  But not just a job, I want to find something I'm excited to think about even when work is over.  Being self-employed for the majority of my adult life, it's tricky looking for a job, feeling over-qualified and under-qualified for the same job description.  Desperation never looks good on anyone, but it's hard to keep my mind from over-taking my peace.  So today I am frustrated. 

No comments :

Post a Comment